Sunday, January 27, 2013

Context.

Here are some haiku to make up for my last overly long post...

 8/2/10
The dark stranger will
reveal you are liked and have
no luck with numbers.


7/20/12
Red numbers condemn
my dereliction of sleep:
disapproving glow.


7/30/12
You're a hurricane,
and woe to the butterflies
that fly in your path.


8/3/12
An autopsy of
your heart while it's still beating:
admission for fame.


8/18/12
Counting down the foam
strata marking my hours:
I've lingered too long.


-- Now what are your guesses for the object or inspiration for each of these bad haiku...?  I'm curious how other people interpret these out of context.  I would think they're, generally, pretty easy, but who knows?

And a couple bonus ones...

1/8/11
Failure is shitty;
fertilizer for success,
just don't sit in it.


"Battle Cry of the Ramenista"
We cry to the moon
fight songs of the underpaid:
Howl if ya hear me!

No comments:

Post a Comment